Okuma MAKAIRA spinning reels constructed from the finest and strongest materials available are the toughest and most durable spinning reels, especially for big games from Giant Trevally, trophy-sized Yellowtail and Amberjack, to the most formidable adversaries in the ocean, like giant Bluefin Tuna, Marlin, cow Yellowfin Tuna and large sharks.
- Forged aluminum, machine cut body / sideplate.
- Forged aluminum, machine cut Cyclonc Flow rotor.
- Forged stainless steel main gear for ultimate power and strength.
- Precision machine cut 17-4 grade stainless steel pinion gear.
- Oversized 17-4 grade stainless steel spool shaft reduces flex.
- Hydro Sealed Body and DFD system for maximum protection.
- Carbonite high output drag with Cal’s drag grease on full DFD.
- Customized pre-set drag system, works like a lever drag reel.
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability.
- Quick-Set stainless steel German anti-reverse roller bearing.
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip.
- Machined aluminum screw-in handle arm for added strength.
- Right and Left handles are designed differently: Order by Rt/Lt.